Sunday, July 14, 2013

History in an Object: The Introduction to my Maddness

I am not sure if you ever thought about the history of objects. Why were they invented? Who invented them? Why did someone believe the human race needed the object to begin with? When I look around my home, office, or when I am online, I will see an item, object, or invention and think: Why in the hell was that invented? What kind of problem needed to be solved by that contraption.

I have made a list of 100 inventions that are my favorite. Some serve great purpose and have since the dawn of time. These inventions are not just capsuled within our own experience but also by our forefathers and their fathers. Some objects have been traced back when men began to communicate in writing or at least try to articulate their history. Some are just as ridiculous as the "Slap Chop". Each object that has been man-made are tools to make life richer, better, faster, and sometimes, even stronger.

Beginning on July 21, 2013, I will begin posting an invention a week. Each post will have a brief history of the object, a photo or video of the object, and what other items are related to it.

Please bookmark this address. I look forward to sharing with you what I believe are the most influential inventions of all times.

Post Script:
I want to make to be very clear about this: I did not go out and survey people and asked them to compose a list of items they believed to be the most important, influential, or favorite inventions of all times. THIS IS SOLELY MY OWN LIST.

Thanks!
Beau

2 comments:

  1. I'll bite. I often wonder about just this sort of random thing.

    ReplyDelete